Happy weekend eve!
This week’s Friday Five hosted by the DC ladies is all about inspiration. Where does your fitness inspiration come from? To be honest, it was a little hard to come up with five! A lot of the items on the list are really related to each other.
1) I’m inspired by goals. Goals to run new distances, or to get a PR. Goals to try something new, which leads to…
2) I’m inspired by new activities and progress. I’m inspired to try new things. Maybe a new class at my gym and to see improvements. When I can run farther, run faster, lift heavier weights and do more reps, I’m inspired to keep going. To keep pushing myself to run even farther, even faster, lift even heavier weights and do even more reps!
3) I am inspired by being outside. The weather lately has been perfect for running outside. I love getting to spend time outside soaking in the fresh air, finding new trails and being in the sunshine (or rain, it happens).
4) I’m inspired by people. I joined a group to train for my current half marathon, and it has become a little circle of inspiration. I was inspired to join the group to meet some new like-minded folks, and now I’m inspired by these hard-working people I’ve met. It just goes round and round.
5) Lastly, I’m inspired by chocolate! I know you cannot out train a bad diet, and a few pounds have snuck up on me in the past when I have forgotten and my food has gotten off track. But that can be inspiring in itself to get back on track when you feel blah. But that certainly doesn’t meant that I haven’t earned dessert after 10 mile long runs!
See what I mean? The goals, new activities and progress are all pretty much related. Setting goals, and seeing progress while working on the goals. Making progress on the new activities/events/classes, setting goals to make improvements. All wrapped up into one!
Have a great weekend, everyone!
What inspires you to keep fit?