With my half marathon coming up, I’ve been thinking about refining my running playlist. And then I had quite the succession of phone problems, and have now lost my the running play list. Boooooo.
Anyway, imagine my surprise when the theme for this weeks’ Friday Five Link Up was Top 5 Running Songs. Woo Hoo! Thanks to the DC Trifecta, Eat Pray Run, DC, You Signed Up For What and Mar on the Run, for hosting! I’m certainly going to be checking out the other links… I need a new playlist!
Now, beware, my taste in running tunes can be a little all over the place. You’ve been warned.
1) Chelsea Dagger – The Fratellis. Now maybe it’s because I’m a Chicago Blackhawk’s Fan, but this song is great to run to. I can’t help but sing along!
2) Mambo No. 5 – Lou Bega. Ha! Judging me yet? I hope not, because this is also a way fun song to run and run-dance to. Run-dance… is that just me? Waiving your arms around like a crazy while running down the street, dancing to tunes only you can hear? Yeah, that’s me. Ya know those people who say they’ll start running once they see a happy runner? Clearly they haven’t seen me jammin’ to Lou Bega.
3) Tearin’ Up My Heart – N*Snyc. Ok… Now I’m starting to embarass myself. Only not too much… Everyone needs a little middle school dance style running song.
4) International Love – Pitbull. I LOVE Pitbull. Side note: I need to get me some Fireball by Pitbull to add to this mix. And some Enrique, preferably Bailando. And some Pitbull and Enrique in the same song, because that’s the dream. I so wanted to go see them when they were in Chicago. (Get back on track, Kat, sheesh.)
5) High Life – Brad Paisley. To round out the variety of genres, add a little country! I love Brad Paisley; my birthday present was tickets to see him in Indy, and it was awesome. There is also some Zac Brown Band and Keney Chesney residing in the playlist as well.
I told you my music tastes covered the spectrum of genres. Although, writing it out pretty much cemented it. Ah well, it’s fun to have it on shuffle. I never know what I’m going to get, and it’s a fun surprise!
What’s your favorite running song? I need some new music!