Happy Friday! And can I say FINALLY? Wowza this was a long week. Work was hectic… they’re rearranging our cubes at work so I was evicted to a conference room with a couple other ladies. Which hasn’t been too bad, it’s just a little extra stress. Ah well. Weekend! And there is FUN in store! Yay!
But before we get to the weekend, here is some fun for Friday. This week’s Friday Five hosted by the ladies of Eat Pray Run, DC, You Signed Up For What and Mar on the Run is all about bloggers! It was SO HARD to narrow it down to five! So without further ado… in no particular order… some new blogs for your feed!
1) Back to Her Roots. I first started reading Cassie’s blog back in 2011 when a friend sent me a link to one of her A Day In My Life posts. After that, I never looked back. I’ve been an avid reader of not only her blog, but it was a gateway into all of my blog reading (and eventually blogging myself!) Cassie shares great stories about her adventures living in Southern Indiana with her family, growing her own food and taking gorgeous photographs of all of it. She introduced me to overnight oats! On her blog along side her delicious recipes focusing on real whole foods, she shares fun DIYs and has great thoughts on life. She is all about seasons of life, and understanding that priorities and goals change along with these seasons.
2) Pearls & Scissors. Hanna’s blog is on a completely different note! I also quite enjoy reading DIY blogs. Hanna lives in Estonia and sews and refashions adorable clothes like this. And this. Also, she just got married and you can read about Estonian wedding traditions (which was really cool).
3) PreventionRD. Nicole blogs about food. Lots of it. My love of baked donuts is because of her blog. She always shares nutrition stats, and I love it when she gives a “husband approval.” Some of my favorite recipes of hers are Spicy Thai Noodles with Shrimp and Parmesan Lemon Orzo which we made along with chicken. Seriously, I will never run out of recipe ideas with her site. She has published two cookbooks; I have the Everyday Healthy Cooking and love it. Also, she is currently adorably very pregnant.
4) Olives’n’Wine. Becky both cracks me up, and motivates me. She is basically a rock star. She’s training for the Chicago Marathon, just completed Body Pump training, and has the cutest wardrobe. Her antics running around Chicago (soon to be Florida! Jealous!) are never ending fun.
5) Life Half Full. Katie’s blog’s tagline is “living a balanced life with a positive attitude” and she strives each day to live this out. Throughout each post she shows how she works towards balance in her life. She posts Weekly Refresh posts, to reset and set goals for the week, which has inspired me to set mini-goals each week as well. She has a lot of fun in Chicago too, and I enjoy reading about here new adventures and new workouts!